Good manners, insyallah, start with good speech. So in this article, we at OSM will share you on few basic communication manners Muslims should practice according to the Quran and hadith! :D
1. In today’s modern society, talking/speech is not the only method of communication. There are also such others such as phones, chats (YM, MSN), social networks (Facebook), forums and so much more! So therefore, as Muslims, we must always be careful when it comes to communication! In Islam, Muslims are thought with appropriate communication manners; hence, we should always remember that every word he/she says is accounted for. Which means, everything you utter/type might get you sinned or rewarded!
2. Be truthful in your speech and refrain from lying and falsified news! Remember, there is NO such thing as a “white lie”, so try your best not to come up with small lies! Truthful words are always the best and insyallah, they are able to save you from unwanted or unnecessary fitnah or matters! And plus, truthful words lead truthful Muslims to Paradise! :)
3. ALL Muslims, take extra note on this! Gossipping, backbiting and slander are serious issues for they cause harm to other people and parties, and may lead to many negative things (disputes, hatred, etc). These are basically spreading talk among people to make them hate and to speak bad things about one another.
- Gossipping: Spreading true or false rumours or talks about certain person or people
- Backbiting: To say about someone, in his absence which he dislikes, even though what was said might actually be true
- Slander: To spread talks about someone which are not true
4. Wouldn’t it be weird if you witness a fellow Muslim shouting or laughing aloud in your presence? Of course it would be weird! As Muslims, we must always keep our “cool” and keep our manners at par. In fact, speaking loudly, yelling or shouting are NOT qualities of a Muslim! So shh, behave! ;)
5. Cursing, or using foul language are sadly, the trend in today’s modern society; even little kids have started to pick up these immoral language! But that is not an excuse for us Muslims to follow this unhealthy trend, right? In fact, whichever foul language you utter, will go back to you. So say NO to lewdness, foul language & cursing! Yosh!